Shirleys, Ditchling, East Sussex, BN6 8UD
1 Coopers House, High Street
Tel: 01273 495333
About the Property
This character detached bungalow, set in glorious gardens, is located in the highly prestigious private road known as Shirleys on the eastern outskirts of the picturesque downland village of Ditchling. Many miles of countryside walking within the South Downs National Park is on the doorstep, and the picturesque village high street offers a range of local facilities with a range of independent retail outlets, cafes and popular public houses. St Margaret’s CEP School is within brief walking distance. Within easy reach in the car is the county town of Lewes to the east and the city of Brighton & Hove to the south, both 8 miles distant.
Built during the 1950s, this interesting bungalow presents the opportunity for substantial alteration and extension to create a luxurious detached home in a highly desirable private residential road. The added bonus is the larger than expected lawned rear garden, which also presents many possibilities for landscaping. The frontage also has a ready made ‘in and out’ driveway providing plenty of parking.
Internally, there is a delightful reception hall, and throughout, more than a hint of character which could be skilfully retained as part of the building project. Planning permission has been granted and plans can be seen upon request or at the time of viewing.
This is a unique opportunity to create a beautiful home in a truly beautiful setting.
- Amazing Refurbishment Project
- Post War Detached Bungalow In Highly Prestigious Private Road.
- Surprisingly Large Rear Garden
- In & Out Private Driveway For Access
- Planning Permission Granted For Extension/Alteration
- Close To Glorious Open Countryside Within The Southdowns National Park
- Ditchling High Street Within Walking Distance With A Range Of Local Facilities
- St Margarets CEP School Within Strolling Distance
- Fabulous Backdrop Of The South Downs National Park